I didn’t have a lot of time at the gym on Friday (they close at 7, and I got there at 6:15), and I was missing my gym buddies, so it was a quick workout. I tried to augment this by increasing the weight I was lifting, and I can tell by my second-day muscle soreness that I did a pretty decent job, especially on hamstrings! Here’s what I did:
Circuit One (three times)
- Barbell squats w/ two 15-lb plates (x15)
- calf raises on machine (x20)
- Hip abduction machine, 70 lbs (x10, then hold for 10 s)
Circuit Two (three times)
- backward lunges with two 15-lb kettle bells (x20)
- deadlifts with two 20-lb kettle bells (x15)
- oblique abdominal twists with an 8-lb medicine ball (x20, side to side counts as one)
Then 5 minutes on the elliptical at level 10. Ouch.
I did this in about 40 minutes! Not too bad.
I need to kick my diet back in gear this week. Last week was a total food fail on so many levels. So I’m sure you’ll see some recipes up here soon!