Hey, it’s March! How did that happen?
So, here’s the plan for today’s workout. As you can see, Circuit 3 takes another page from CrossFit: it’s an AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) circuit! We did one of these in our last CrossFit Elements class, as Kara mentioned here, and it was intense! I can’t wait to see what my calorie burn is. Usually, for arm days, I don’t burn as much, because I don’t use as many of my bigger muscles. Gotta give those legs a rest sometimes — and believe me, after Tuesday’s leg day, they really need it. But, I’m sure with the AMRAP circuit, my burn is going to skyrocket. Uhhhh, I hope I remembered my HR monitor…
Circuit 1 (four times)
- Inch Worm, back and forth in the hallway, with a 30-sec plank on each end
- Back extensions with 10-lb plate (x15)
- Static lunges with bicep curls, 10-12 lbs (x10 each leg)
Circuit 2 (four times)
- Bench press (x10) – first time with no plates on the bar, then kick it up a notch. Feel free to take a break between reps.
- Pull-ups on machine, not too much assistance! Challenge yourself! (x10)
- Crab Walks (back and forth down hallway. Too easy? Carry a plate on your tummy.)
Circuit 3 (AMRAP, 10 minutes) – yeahhhhh boiiiiiii!!
- 5 push presses, with bar only
- 10 military situps
- 15 star jumps
I’m psyched. I can’t believe I’m psyched, but I actually am. It’s sort of sick, in a way.