Happy Monday! Today I’ll be doing a leg day with Ella. Kara is stuck at work late, so she may join us toward the end, or do her own thing at the gym later on. Not gonna lie, there is some serious repetition in here from our last leg day. I’ve changed a few things around — Circuit 2 is going to be really tough! And that last circuit is the Half Cindy that we learned from CrossFit. Can you tell I’m obsessed with my pull-up goal!?
Circuit 1 (four times)
- back squats, 65+ lbs (x10)
- deadlifts with small bar plus two 10-lb plates (x10)
- Windshield wiper abs (x20)
Circuit 2 (four times)
- Squats on the machine, add 50 lbs (x10)
- Calf raises on the machine, same weight (x20)
- Walking plow lunges, two 10-lb dumbbells (x20)
- Stability Ball pikes (x10)
Circuit 3 (AMRAP, 10 minutes) – “Half Cindy”
- jumping pull-ups, from a box (x5)
- edit: we ended up doing seated cable rows instead (x10) because no pull up bars were available.
- pushups (x10)
- air squats (x15)
I figured I’d get a few arm things in there, since Kara probably won’t be joining us, and I think her arm is still funky. Poor Ella suffers as a result of my madness — but she’s such a strong player! I love working out with her too. =)
Update, RESULTS OF AMRAP: Ella completed 6 rounds + all the way through the pushups, and I completed 6 rounds + all the way through 14 air squats. SO CLOSE to 7!