What’s this? Two weight-lifting workouts in one week?! Yes, I am back on track, people. Here comes a leg day. Since today is a Friday, we not only have access to the free-weights section of our gym at work, but the group classroom is also empty. So this means I will usually work in some of the exercises that can only be done with a lot of space to move around.
Circuit 1 (four times)
- overhead squats, just the big bar, but get that butt lowwww, girrrrl (x10)
again, please replace with back squats or front squats if you’ve never been coached on good OHS form.
- frog jumps – aim for distance on each jump, not height (x10)
- abs – leg lifts with Bosu Ball between your legs (x10)
Circuit 2 (four times)
- stairmaster, challenging resistance (~10-15), 2 minutes
- tricep presses in Warrior 3, two 8-lbs dumbbells (x10 on each leg)
- split squat, holding two 10-lb dumbbells, (x10 each leg)
Circuit 3 (AMRAP 10 minutes!)
- 5 push presses, 55lbs
- side plank with inner thigh raise, right side (x5)
- side plank with inner thigh raise, left side (x5)
- 15 star jumps
Pushing a bit harder than last time, and aiming for some more intense cardio. I’m glad I packed my HR monitor — can’t wait to see what my “score” is.
Post-workout update: whew, that was a doozie! Doha and I got a GREAT workout. I looked like Elmo afterward: I was wearing a red tank top and my face is still red now. The workout took almost exactly one hour, and I burned 564 calories by the end. However, I left my HR monitor on afterward, while running errands, and just one more hour later, I’m already at 980 calories — my heartrate stayed elevated for a long time. I’m so happy to be back in the game. 🙂
Something to remember: You can’t pick where your body chooses to burn fat. Working your legs does not guarantee skinny legs. Doing ab workouts does not get rid of a flabby belly. However, lean muscle consumes fat. The more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn, all over.