Back to some more serious muscle-building today. A little less cardio, a little more strength. I’m sticking to mostly legs, since we worked our arms pretty well on Monday. But there’s still some upper-body stuff in here. I am so close to a pull up! In fact, I might even have it. I should test it out today before we start…
The Circuit (repeat 3 times)
- Seated calf raises, two 15-lb dumbbells (x20) (edit: we went with 20-lb dumbbells instead)
- side-stepping squats with resistance bands on ankles (x10 each direction)
- butt lifts on hands and knees, with a 10-lb dumbbell in your “knee pit” (x10 each side)
- deadlifts with bar, 50 lbs (x10)
- squat-curl/squat-press, two 10-lb dumbbells. Like the video below, but with dumbbells instead of the bar. (x10 – so that makes a total of 20 squats)
- assisted pull-ups (x10)
– do reps 1-3 at your lowest possible assistance, even if you can only squeak out one at a time.
– do reps 4-10 with 50-60 lbs of assistance, but do them slowwwwww
Do each exercise below for 30 seconds at high intensity, then take a 30 second “break” while still moving around at low intensity (easy jog, etc.). Repeat this set 3 times for a total of 15 minutes, including breaks.
- wall mountain climbers (holy crap)
- jumping jacks
- side plank raises on the right
- side plank raises on the left
- figure-8s between your legs with 10-lb kettlebell. You should be in a medium squat (i.e. quads not quite parallel to the floor) the whole time.