As the holidays approach, my goal is still to stay motivated in getting to the gym. If I’ve had a busy day, I often fall into this mental pit where I can convince myself I’m tired enough to not work out, or I’ll somehow make it up tomorrow. It’s usually b.s. and just an excuse. To date, there has never been a time when I’ve regretted going to the gym. With that in mind, my goal is stay on schedule as best I can amidst all the crazy holiday activities.
AND, the below workout took me less than 12 minutes yesterday. I can do it, you can do it. Get to the gym.
Today’s workout will start with the below warm up, follow with the circuit performed 3 times through.
- 5 minutes of cardio. Hit the treadmill, bike, stairmaster or elliptical
- 20 overhead kettle bell swings
- Arm rotations with dowel
- 20 russian twist
Repeat 3 times
- Dead Lift
x 10 with 80lbs.
- Around the Clock Lunge (pic below)
x 5 each leg
- Reverse Burpee (see video below)
- Overhead Squats with dowel/no weight
Bonus Butt Blast
Complete 25 Reps of the following 3 exercise Routines:
- 25 Squeezes – Legs Hip Distance apart
- 25 Squeezes – Knees Together
- 25 Squeezes – In & Out
- 25 Squeezes – Hold the Squeeze & In & Out with the Knees
- Inner & Leg Workout: (Repeat Left & Right Side Separate)
- 25 L leg Lift & Lower
- 25 Straight Leg Lift
- 25 Straight Leg Cross Over
- 25 Bent leg press to the ceiling
- Inner & Outer Thigh: (Repeat Left & Right Side Separate)
- 25 Straight Leg Outer Thigh
- 2c) 25 Forward Bent L Press25 Straight Leg Heal Toe Static Leg hold & Press Toe forward and back
- 25 Small Straight Leg Presses up and down
❤ Holiday Love.