This was a really successfully designed workout, if I do say so myself. It has the awesome qualities of (1) being short for a circuit training day (about 50 minutes), (2) containing a few blasts of cardio, and (3) making me sore enough the next day that I can feel I’ve worked hard, but not so sore that I avoid the stairs at work! Triple win! At first, I could tell that my workout buddy, Doha, didn’t like the idea of doing 4 rounds of every circuit, because usually when we do that, it takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to get through everything — it can be exhausting and daunting. But I could see she was warming up to the idea when it was clear we were going to be done much more quickly than usual. I felt the same way. More time to get home and cook some healthy dinner, right? Anyway, here’s how it all unfolded this Monday.
Circuit 1 (four times)
- deadlifts, 45lb bar (x15)
- leg extensions on machine, first round at 50 lbs, then 70 pounds for the next three times through (x15)
- Bosu Ball bicycle situps (x10 on each side)
Circuit 2 (four times)
- wall squat, 45 seconds
- calf raises on a block, holding 2 12-lb dumbbells (x15)
- clam diggers, resting a 10-lb dumbbell on your hip (x10 each leg)
- 30 jumping lunges
Circuit 3 (four times)
- oblique twists on incline bench, holding 8lb medicine ball (x30, so 15 each direction)
- butt bridges on medicine ball (x30)
- bench step-ups, with three levels under the bench, holding two 12-lb dumbbells (x10 each leg)
Let us know if you give this workout a try! Have fun!