A couple of weeks ago, Kara made up a great quick workout; it was a simple set of 8-10 moves that we went through just once with a set of 20 jumping jacks between each move. It was great — we got our heart rates up, maintained our muscle, and got in and out of the gym quickly. I’m definitely in that sort of mood again today — get in, and get out. I have some errands I’d like to take care of after the gym, so a big workout just ain’t happenin’ today.
Besides, Monday’s workout (also courtesy of Kara) was a doozy, and I am sore.
So here’s my version of Kara’s format. This set of 8 exercises is meant to be completed only once through, though you could certainly repeat it, if you have time. Do a set of 20 jumping jacks between each exercise.
- T- pushups (x10 pushups, x10 left side planks, x10 right side planks), alternating pushups with plank, and alternating sides.
- Walking side squats with resistance bands around your ankles (x10 right, x10 left)
- Cobra, holding 2 or 3-lb weights (20 seconds, rest, 20 seconds more) – this is just a “superman,” but without lifting your legs. Adding the small weights makes it more challenging.
- Lateral raises, two 5-lb dumbbells (x20)
- Wall squat with yoga block held between your knees (1 min)
- Incline bicep curls on body ball, 12 lbs (x20)
- Pilates heel taps (x20) — see video below
- Overhead tricep press — one arm at a time, 15 lbs (x10 right arm, x10 left arm)