I moved recently (hence being swamped), and my new apartment complex has a pretty sweet gym. There’s nothing like a new location, and new equipment to make my workout feel a bit more interesting. There’s also a lap pool, so I might have to try to work that in soon, too. Not that the work gym isn’t still my go-to… I’m sure I’ll be there much more often than the gym at home. But here’s what I tried for another workout quickie (~30 minutes) the other day at the new apartment:
Circuit 1 (repeat 3x)
- Power Lunges, holding a 20-lb dumbbell. (x20 — 10 each leg) See video below at 0:35. Pushing off your front heel is the key here — try to make sure your toes leave the ground before your heel does. This will put more of the focus on your booty.
- Chest press machine, 40 lbs (x20)
- Kara’s evil ab triplet (x5). 1 V-up, 1 “flying” V-up with a knee hug, 1 V-up reaching between legs. That sequence of three moves is one rep. This needs a video, and I think we will make one soon. These could be replaced with 15 normal V-ups, until we clear up the confusion!
Circuit 2 (repeat 3x)
- Lat pull machine, 40lbs (x10)
- Hamstring curl machine, 70 lbs (x15)
- Bicep curls, two 12-lb dumbbells (x10)
10-minute jog at the end! Pretty simple, but I had to keep things quick! Hope you enjoy. =)