Here’s the really tough one we did last Monday (before Thanksgiving). This is basically copied from the email my sister sent me, with some edits for the actual weights, etc. that we did. Doing three rounds of each circuit took us about 1 hour and 15 minutes. We were absolutely dead at the end. The last circuit hurts. =)
Circuit 1 (repeat 3x)
- 14 Spiderman Pushups (as your chest goes towards the floor, one knee comes towards a shoulder – alternate sides)
- 20 Barbell reverse lunge to squat (lunge right leg back, come back so feet are shoulder width apart, squat, then do left lunge back). We did this with 45 lbs.
- 20 Leg Throws with partner. (lying on the floor facing same direction as partner, who is standing with feet shoulder length apart, hold their heels, raise your legs and they throw them down)
Circuit 2 (repeat 3x)
- 15 T-bar row w/10lbs added
- 15 Back extension, 10lb plate
- 20 Oblique Sliders
Circuit 3 (repeat 3x)
- Walking lunches with shoulder presses. Holding bar up above your head, do 10 walking lunges in one direction. Then do 5 overhead presses with the bar. Turn around and do 10 more walking lunches with the bar above your head, and the reapt 5 overhead presses at the end. We used a 25-30 lb bar.
- 20 barbell chops (watch video) THIS IS SO HARD!!! What we really ended up doing was more of a press, because we weren’t quite strong enough to keep our arms straight and use our abs to swing the bar up. Still, there was some ab action the way we did it too.
- 15 Squat thrust to box jump. With a step in front of you, start on floor. Pop out to a plank (like you’re doing a burpee), then jump back in so hands are back to where your feet are, and THEN jump up to step and back down. Repeat. This killed us at the end. In a good way??