This is definitely somewhat of a “token” workout. I almost talked myself out of going to the gym yesterday, but I knew I needed it. I’ll hit the gym today too, with buddies. Since I was alone, I focused on some moves that might not be safe for the buddies I am working out with these days. Hence the overhead squats, heavy deadlifts, and KB swings. I’m sore today, but not horrible. =)
Circuit One (repeat 3x)
- Bike HIIT (30 secs on, 30 seconds off) for 3 minutes
- 10 Overhead Squats, just the bar
- 10 Barbell Deadlifts (65lbs on first set, then 75 pounds on set 2 and 3)
- 10 assisted pullups with no breaks between reps
Circuit 2 (repeat 3x)
- 2 minutes on Stairmaster
- 30 oblique crunches with leg lift; that’s 30 each side.
- 15 KB swings, 25 lbs
- 15 KB sumo squats + upright rows, 20 lbs
In other news, I’ve recently been considering trying out the Strong Lifts 5×5 program. It’s simple, and probably yields great results. But I suppose my main concerns are:
- I need to have a cage and bar to myself for 45 minutes.
- It’s the same exercises all the time — will I get bored?
- I don’t really have buddies I can do this with. And buddies drastically increase my commitment level. Hm.
But still, I’m considering it. Hm, hm, hmmmmm.